top of page

Life After Incarceration

When we are born we are given a name by our parents, grandparents, etc. We are sometimes named after a relative, or our parents. Some may think the only way your name will change is by marriage. Unfortunately, your name will change to a number if you are incarcerated as an adult and sent to prison. My name is Omnayah Mallard on my birth certificate but in Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women my name was536296. Edna Mahan Correctional Facility is the only prison for women in the state of NJ. I was sentenced in September 2004 to a term of 85% of 5 years. I was 22 years old at the time and was

75 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page